Little Nemo: 1905-1914
by Winsor McCay
The legendary adventures of Little Nemo in one volume. As a homage to Winsor McCay's masterpiece, this edition is the first to combine all the episodes from 1905 to 1914 in their original colours. It spirits the reader away on a journey through the wonderful dream worlds of the little hero in pyjamas.
Community Reviews
4.44 · 1,852 ratings · 43 reviews
Dan Schwent rated it
over 1 year ago
Shelves: 2018 , 2018-comics
Little Nemo: 1905-1914 contains every Little Nemo newspaper strip from its prime era.
I first encountered Little Nemo in a NES game about a thousand years ago. Since then, everyone from Bill Watterson to Moebius cites him as an influence. I found this on the cheap and deci... Read full review
I first encountered Little Nemo in a NES game about a thousand years ago. Since then, everyone from Bill Watterson to Moebius cites him as an influence. I found this on the cheap and deci... Read full review
David Schaafsma rated it
I've had this for a 2-3 weeks, just paging through the large format, 342 page hardcover collection of McCay's "Little Nemo in Slumberland" and "In the Land of Wonderful Dreams" strips from 1905-1914. If you are looking for classics in comics history, those who helped deve... Read full review
D.M. rated it
After years of trying to convince myself to track down the individual volumes of Nemo released in the late 80s, I was pretty excited when this single-volume collection turned up. Regrettably, it includes only the original run of the strip, not the brief return it had in t... Read full review
Linda rated it
This edition contains the entire Little Nemo series running from 1905 through 1914 so it is rather imposing. But whether you read this one or another, everyone ought to read something of the Little Nemo series.
Little Nemo is a young lad who dreams through the entire carto... Read full review
Little Nemo is a young lad who dreams through the entire carto... Read full review
Shadowdenizen rated it
Shelves: comics-other
If there was a higher score than 5, this would receive it from me. (I can't believe I somehow overllooked rating/revieing this until now.)
There's a handful of writers and artists that define and transcend their medium, although most are sadly, only recognized posthumously... Read full review
There's a handful of writers and artists that define and transcend their medium, although most are sadly, only recognized posthumously... Read full review
Jesse Baggs rated it
Windsor McKays Little Nemo comics are a visual delight and incredibly gorgeous. Not so fun as a reading experience, although theres something delightful about Flips dialogue. Read full review
Chris rated it
Little Nemo has been praised as one of the most original comic strips ever created, and it certainly is. It is surreal, imaginative, and very well-drawn and colored. It doesn't keep up all these qualities through to the end, but there is tremendous gold to be found in thi... Read full review
Kelly rated it
almost 13 years ago
Recommends it for: those prone to whimsy, nightmares and dreams full of delight
I have not gotten that far into this work, but it is so enchanting and endearing that I might shell out the insane $125 to own the Sunday Press edition (which is the actual size of the original comic printed in the paper). Our Nemo has finally! found his way to the prince... Read full review
P.H.T. Bennet rated it
Quite trip. I grew up with these, then lost track of them until I was in my mid-20s, when they blew my mind with the level of ingenuity, imagination, and early world-building without apology. There are more than a few characterizations here that are quite un-PC, yet to th... Read full review
DumplingFiend rated it
Shelves: comics
Beautifully drawn and often clever and funny, but still very much a product of its times. The strips that DON'T feature the horrible racist caricature of a Black person, who literally runs around in a grass skirt speaking gibberish, are charming; but for every one of thos... Read full review












Comments
Post a Comment